LISTINGS

THURSDAY 15 OCTOBER

Tired of the usual Thursday night at the Pudding? Put away your black pants and head over to City Hall Plaza for a night of Lenny Kravitz music. Who knows, the retro rocker may perform "Believe" and "My Love." 5 p.m., City Hall Plaza (Government Center T-stop), FREE.

Since you've trekked all the way into Boston, why not check out perennial 80s favorite Cheap Trick as they kick off their three day Boston stint at the Paradise Rock Club with tunes from their first album? 8 p.m., Paradise Rock Club, 969 Commonwealth Ave., Boston, 562-8800. $20.

For anyone who has longed to stand up in front of an audience of complete strangers and smoke a cigar a la Slick Willie, The Comedy Connection is the place to be on Thursday night. The featured comedian is Frank Santos (better known as "The R-Rated Hypnotist") and he'll no doubt have even the most uptight pre-meds laughing out loud. 8:30 p.m., The Comedy Connection, Faneuil Hall Marketplace 2nd Floor (Government Center T-Stop), 248-9700. $10.

If Brian Lamb, Ariana Huffington and those loud British people from Prime Minister's Questions are your idea of celebrities, today is your chance to become a star. Get your big break into show biz by trying to squeeze in front of C-Span cameras as Congressman Barney Frank (D-MA) speaks at the law school. Find out why he is considered one of the most (intentionally) funny people on Capitol Hill. Maybe you'll make it onto the Weather Channel next. 3 to 4 p.m., Austin North (behind the Science Center). FREE.

When you get The Crimson, do you only read FM? Then you should stop by the IOP's Current Events Dinner with Bob Turner, assistant editorial page editor for the Boston Globe, to catch up on what's going on in the world. At the very least you'll get some pizza out of it. 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Institute of Politics, 79 JFK St., 495-1360. FREE.

First-year meeting and greeting in Annenberg is getting so passe! Take advantage of an opportunity to meet some new people at today's QRR exam. Already passed it? Hell, do it again! Commiserate with fellow test takers over the agonizing task of calculating standard deviation. And if you fail don't worry; you'll just get another great opportunity to mingle again later. 8 p.m., various places depending on your last name, 5-2770. FREE (upon presentation of picture I.D.).

FRIDAY 16 OCTOBER

If Final Clubs aren't really your scene, try your luck in another meet market. The Office of Career Services and Harvard Student Agencies are putting on the 17th Annual Career Forum Chat with representatives from more than 120 companies who sweat you hardcore. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Gordon Track and Tennis Center, 495-3030. FREE.

Mmm...the intoxicating (or rather intoxicated) scents of urine and puke will probably stink up your weekend, so figure out how to use smells to cure stuff. Enjoy University Health Services' workshop entitled "Benefits of Complementary Therapies : Aromatherapy" with certified aromatherapist Jim Harrison. While gnoshing on some free refreshments, get to know UHS because you may wind up there later this weekend with an IV stuck in your arm and a pump up your ass. 12 to 1 p.m., UHS, Holyoke Center, 75 Mt. Auburn St., Monks Library, second floor, 495-9629. FREE.

Following the hallowed path of such classic American groups like the Backstreet Boys and 'N Sync, H.O.T. (High-five of teenagers) is the hottest teenybopper band in all of Korea. The Big Asian Dance celebrating the Head of the Charles may be your best chance to hear their brilliant lyrics and melodic voices. Get down with Boston area students at CAUCUS & KAOS productions' eighth annual Head of the Charles Party. Dress code is "elegance." 10 p.m. to 2 a.m., Empire Garden, 690 Washington Street, Boston. $15 cover charge; college ID required.

Swing dancing is so five minutes ago. And who can deal with that weirdo from Lord of the Dance? Check out Riverdance and get the real deal on the Irish/tap dancing craze. Three out of ten Miss America finalists tap dance--isn't it time you get with the program too? Tuesday through Saturday, 8 p.m., Sunday, 7 p.m. and matinees Saturday and Sunday, 2 p.m. The Wang Centre, 270 Tremont St, 931-2787. $15 to 68.50.

Feeling "haute?" Boston Fashion Week continues through the weekend with a series of events. Today's highlights include a noontime Fashion Luncheon with designer Ted Saluto at Brasserie Jo at the Colonneade Hotel and a 6:30 p.m. showing of David Josef's collection at the Boston Public Library. Hotel at 120 Huntington Ave. 617-425-3240 for reservations. Library at 666 Boylston St., Dartmouth St. entrance, 350-8850. FREE.

Capitalize on the feelings of elegance and sophistication that Fashion Week and the Regatta may have inspired by spending an evening at the Fogg Museum. Tonight the Harvard University Art Museums celebrate their current exhibitions with a reception and dance in the Fogg Courtyard. Dress is black tie or festive. 8 p.m. to midnight, 32 Quincy St., 496-1959. Tickets $35 for non-members, $25 for members.

SATURDAY 17 OCTOBER