ATHLETE of the WEEK

Ok., O.k., so the Harvard football teams lost on Saturday. And senior tailback Eion Hu would be the last to want individual award after a loss.

But then again, how can one forget about the first quarter of Saturday's game, when Hu broke Harvard's all-time rushing record? Going into the 1996 season, he was only 18 yards short of trying the career rushing record of 2,130, held by Vic Gatto '69, so it was pretty obvious that it would take at least an apocalypse to keep Hu at No. 2.

And we like our gods to be modest; Hu fulfilled this well. In the press conference after the game, he sulked, he blamed everything on himself--especially for getting caught by a linebacker after a 51-yard run--and said that he didn't want to talk about the record. Of course, he still wanted to give his offensive line extra-special thanks and recognition.

"I don't care about the record, I don't care how many yards I rushed," He said. "Today was miserable...I blame the game on myself for [getting caught], for not having enough adrenaline to make that run. If I had scored, it would have been over."

Well, Eion, you can't have it both ways. You can't forget about your accomplishments while at the same time thanking your line, and you can't totally blame yourself for a loss in a team sport.

I'm sorry, but people are going to be talking about this one for one loooooonnng time.