Theater

The Boys from Syracuse-a comedy presented by the Boston Conservatory Performance Series. At the Conservatory Theater at 31 Hemenway St. Tickets are $12 or $10, $7 for students and elders. Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday at 3 p.m.

William Shakespeare's Hamlet-presented by Ferrymen Productions. At the C. Walsh Theatre at Suffolk University at 55 Temple Wt. in Boston. Call 354-8692. Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m.

Nir Ben Gal/Liat Dror and Amiel Malale Dance-part of the Israeli/Jewish-American Dance Festival. "Equus Asinus" explores the historical role of this beast of burden in Israeli society and presents it as a metaphor for the relationships and tensions between Jewish and Arab communities. At the Emerson Majestic Theatre at 219 Tremont St. in Boston. Call 492-7578. Thursday and Friday at 8 p.m.

My Sister in This House-a play examining the intricate and intimate emotional relationships among four women, presented by the Emerson Stage. Tickets are $8. Call 578-8785. At the Brimmer Street studio theatre at 69 Brimmer St. in Boston. Starting Wednesday, through Oct. 26, and Oct. 30 and Nov. 2, all shows at 8 p.m.

QuietusandSix Characters in Search of an Author-presented by the Marston Balch Arena Theater at the Tufts University's Medford campus. Call 381-3493. Starting Tuesday, through Oct. 26, all shows at 8 p.m.