The Scouting Report

Harvard

Quarterback

Crimson QB Tom Yohe is sizzling. In just five games, the junior signal caller has passed for 1200 yards, completed 53 percent of his passes, and connected for 12 TDs.

His current four-game streak of throwing for 200 yards or more is the best by any Harvard quarterback ever. Yohe needs just 375 yards and four TDs more to shatter the all-time single-season Crimson records in these categories. No doubt, Yohe is the key to the entire Harvard offense.

Running Backs

Harvard running back Tony Hinz grabbed the spotlight last week with his electrifying 73-yard run and his 152-yard rushing day. But Hinz's backmate Dave Bunning also scored twice last week and has averaged five yards per carry. Hinz's 5.6 average leads all Harvard rushers, who have accumulated 711 total yards in five games. The running game came back to life against Dartmouth, giving Harvard a strong offensive weapon to complement Yohe's aerial attack.

Offensive Line

Harvard's offensive line has done a fine job in protecting Yohe. Led by left tackle Maurice Frilot (6-ft., 260-lbs.), the Crimson line is one of the biggest reasons why Harvard has been so successful on the offensive side of the ball.

Wide Receivers

The receiving corps for Harvard has cashed in on Yohe's success. Led by leading receiver Brian Barringer (24 catches, 287 yards), the Crimson has one of the best all-around receiving corps in the Ivies. Tight ends Kent Lucas and Dan Gajewski (a combined 16 receptions for 313 yards) have been wide open almost all season. Bunning and Bob Glatz have also been successful coming out of the backfield.

Defensive Line

Harvard's front five has allowed only 393 yards on the ground. Against Dartmouth, it constantly pressured Green QB Chris Rorke. Captain Kevin Dulsky and junior Jim Bell anchor one of the most fearsome front lines in the league.

Linebackers

The linebacking duo of Richard Mau (36 tackles) and Kris Thabit (28) has been as impressive as Harvard Coach Joe Restic could have hoped. Harvard's leading tacklers, both Mau and Thabit have been consistent throughout the season and especially good last week against Dartmouth.

Secondary

Despite its inconsistent play against Cornell, the Crimson secondary responded well against Dartmouth. First, it virtually erased All-Ivy receiver Craig Morton out of Dartmouth's game-plan with a stingy double coverage. Second, Frank Caprio picked up two key interceptions that led to Harvard scores.