Scoreboard

TODAY'S GAMES

Men's soccer at Brandies

YESTERDAY'S RESULTS

Women's soccer 3, Springfield 0

Women's field hockey 2, Providence 0

Pittsburgh 6, Chicago 2

CHICAGO--Lee Lacy and Johnny Ray cracked consecutive home runs in the fourth inning and Ray later added three more RBIs to lead the Pittsburgh Pirates to a 6-2 victory over the National League East-leading Chicago Cubs yesterday.

The loss left the Cubs' magic number at four.

John Tudor (10-11) pitched the first five innings for Pittsburgh, allowing three hits and one run while striking out four.

Tudor left the game when his left elbow tightened up before the sixth inning. Don Robinson picked up his ninth save by working the last four innings, allowing one unearned run, two hits and two walks and striking out one.

Dennis Eckersley (8-8) was the loser, although be allowed just four hits and two carnedruns in his seven innings.

Royals 10, Angels 0

ANAHEIM, Calif--Pat Sheridan drove in three runs and Steve Balboni and Buddy Biancalana cracked two-run homers Tuesday night as the Kansas City Royals defeated the California Angels 10-0 to take a two-game lead in the American League West.

The Royals, alone in first place for only the third day this season, have not led by more than a game previously.

Bret Saberhagen, 9-10, Joe Beckwith and Dan Quisenberry pitched the Royals' fifth combined shutout of the season, helped by five double plays turned on the Angels.

Saberhagen scattered four singles over seven innings, walked three and struck out three.

The loser was Jim Slaton, 7-8.