THE STAGE

Godspell. Stephen Schwarz's playful musical version of the rGospel According to St. Matthew. In case you mis this production, the Radcliffe Grant-in-Aid Society is resurrecting the show a it spring musical. At the Charles Playhouse, 74 Warrenton St. through January 25. Performances Tuesday through Friday at 8 p.m., Saturday at 6:30 and 9:30 p.m., and Sunday at 3 and 7:30 p.m.

Gulliver's Travels. Swift's satire set to original music. Presented by the Cambridge Ensemble at the Old Cambridge Baptist Church, 1151 Mass. Ave., through February 28. Performances Thursday through Saturday at 8 p.m. Tickets $3.50.

Equus. A fine production of Peter Shaffer's powerful exploration of madness. At the Wilbur Theatre, 252 Tremont St., through February 7. Performances every evening at 8 p.m., matinees Wednesday and Saturday at 2 p.m.

The Comedy of Errors. Performed by the Boston Shakespeare Company at the corner of Berkeley and Marlboro St.s in Boston, every Thursday and Saturday at 8 p.m.

The Haunted Host. A comedy about gay love in Greenwich Village, this production is a revival of the first play ever by Robert Patrick, whose Kennedy's Children previewed here successfully this fall. At the New Theatre, 12 Holyoke St., in Harvard Square. Performances Tuesday through Friday at 8:30 p.m., Saturday at 3 and 8:30 p.m., Sunday at 3 and 7:30 p.m.

The Little Prince. An adaptation of Antoine de St. Exupery's whimsical novella, required reading in every high school French class. Presented by the Boston Repertory Theatre in the little theater of the Charles Playhouse, 74-76 Warrenton St. Performances Wednesday through Friday at 7:30 p.m., Saturday at 7 and 9:30 p.m., and Sunday at 7:30 p.m.

The Sea Horse. A drama set in a waterfront gin mill, presented by the Parish Players of Vermont at the People's Theatre, 1253 Cambridge St. In Inman Square, through January 25. Performances Thursday through Sunday at 8 p.m.

The Tempest. Performed by the Boston Shakespeare Company, at the corner of Berkeley and Marlboro St.s, every Friday at 8 p.m.

The Whale Show. A musical revue about 19th century whaling in Nantucket, featuring songs, tales and characterizations. At the Proposition Theatre, 241 Hampshire St., near Inman Square, through February 5. Performances Wednesday and Thursday at 8:30 p.m.