Peace Corps Seminar Described As Success; Eberly Asks Changes

Donald J. Eberly, Assistant Director of the International Students Center, described his Peace Corps seminar as "fairly successful" last night but listed several changes that could improve the project.

Eberly pointed out that more continuity in the various sessions of the spring seminar would be one improvement and claimed that the discussions could be made "far more effective" if a less general approach were to be adapted.

He noted that the seminar was unable to concentrate on any specific country or project and indicated that he hoped this problem could be alleviated in the seminar tentatively planned for next fall. He also suggested that the Peace Corps appoint a separate administrator outside of Washington to direct each of its projects.

Four members of the seminar were elected by a Nigerian commission to serve in various capacities in Nigeria and others may participate in Teachers for East Africa, a project in Guinea, and in other areas depending on their performance on the Peace Corps secondary school teachers exam to be held June 5.

In addition, Eberly said, the University of Nigeria will probably request several recent college graduates to serve as assistant lecturers.

Other students may take part in a seminar to be held in Texas this summer, training surveyors for a project in Tanganyika.