THE SPORTING SCENE

LACROSSE

Sixteen returning lettermen, a great of work, and a little bit of luck may the Crimson a great lacrosse team spring.

by captain Tadhg Sweeney; Grady , who had the highest number of in the nation last year; and Dave who was among the highest scorers 51 goals, the varsity will open a season at City College of New on April 4. On the fifth, the team Hofstra College on Long Island, and the sixth takes on Rutgers. Of the opponents, Rutgers should be the difficult, as it will have already seven games compared to the son's two.

April 7, the team returns to Cambridge to encounter the Boston Lacrosse Club, and on Saturday it will face a combined Oxford-Cambridge team. The five games should give coach Bruce Munro a good chance to all holes in his first and second midfields and to crystallize attack and defensive units.

Although still in flux, the first unit will probably place Sweeney, senior Hal Louchheim, and advanced placement sophomore Joe Prahl at midfield. Prahl, a converted attack man from Andover, has looked good in practice, but has no college experience. Watts, Bohn, and Woody Spruance will start at attack with Dave Grannis, Henry Field, and Arnle Margoluis at defense. Gil Leaf, last year's talented freshman goalie, and Bob Bland of hockey renown will share goal-tending duties. The second midfield will include Gil Bamford, Pete Seiglaff, and Tyler; the third, Reese, Nyhan, and Ullman.

The biggest problem that the varsity faces is depth, especially at the attack position. Last year, Andy Leaf (Gil's brother) and Nick Lamont could replace Watts, Bohn, or Spruance, keeping the attacks relatively fresh. No replacement seems in the offing this year, except for Prahl, who may be moved back to his old spot on the attack if Munro can find another midfielder to replace him.

At defense, the team will miss Lanny Keyes, the big 6 ft., 5 in. powerhouse, but the situation is not at all serious. Rather than having defensemen clear to midfielders or attacks, Munro will have goalies clear directly to the midfield. And Grannis, although not as big as Keyes, looked pretty good defensively in practice.