Three Soviet Professors to Visit College

Will Arrive Thursday, Stay Three Weeks

Three professors from the University of Leningrad, the first teachers to visit Harvard under the Lacey-Zarubin agreement of three years ago, will arrive tomorrow night for a three-week stay.

Although the three have made no definite plans, Edward L. Pattullo, assistant Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, said yesterday he thought they would give a few public lectures as well as hold discussions with the Faculty. He added, however, that language difficulties might hinder such a program.

The lack of a definite schedule, he said, might aid the exchange, because "we want them to feel at home, to do what they want to do."

Three Fields Represented

The teachers represent three different areas of study. V.V. Mavrodin is a professor and chairman of the History Department at Leningrad. He has written several well-known books about his specialty, early Russian history, including one on the origins of the Russian state.

Completing the group are two decentl, a rank roughly equivalent to assistant professor. J.V. Navoshilov is a theoretical physicist whose chief interest in quantum theory; S.A. Malin is an expert in international law.

In April, two University professors will visit Leningrad under the exchange agreement. They are Kenneth T. Bainbridge, professor of Physics, and Paul D. Bartlett, Erving Professor of Chemistry.

Last year, Seymour Slive, associate Professor of Fine Arts, visited Russia for several weeks in May and Richard M. Goody, Abbott Lawrence Rotch Professor of Dynamic Meteorology, gave a series of lectures at the University of Leningrad in November.