WEEKEND EVENTS

THEATRE

The Poets' Theatre proves once and for all that Bridey Murphy is an intellectual in its first production of the year. The Lady and Her Sources, which concerns the biography of a very alive pretty young girl who has been dead for 100 years, finally asserts the Poets' penchant for clear thinking. The Bald Soprano, a farce, also got hilarious reviews. Today, at 3 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.

Bells Are Ringing, ding dong, all over town. With Judy Holliday and J. J. Shubert in a real money-winner. At, curiously enough, the Shubert. At 2:15 and 8:30 p.m.

Long Day's Journey into Night is probably one of the greatest plays ever to play Boston. With Florence Eldridge and Frederic March pounding tragedy for four hours into every member of the audience, it is truly one of O'Neill's very best. Last performance at the Wilbur, 7:30 p.m.

Rin Tin Tin is featured "in person" with a "complete" TV cast at the Rodeo plus the Collins Kids, all of which have ousted the Bruins from the Garden. At 10 a.m., 2:30 and 8:30 p.m.

MUSIC

A generally unexciting program at Symphony Hall this week: well-travelled Walter Piston's 5th Symphony; Mozart's "Paris" Symphony, Schumann's 4th Symphony, and part of a Beethoven Quartet played by the strings. Today at 8:30 p.m. Michael Rabin, violinist, will make his Boston debut tomorrow at 3:30 p.m., in Symphony Hall. His program includes Bruch's Scottish Fantasy, Prokofiev's Sonata, and Briten's Waltz.

John Moriarty, pianist, will play Bela Bartok, Chopin and Liszt at 3:30 p.m. tomorrow in Jordan Hall.

Duke Ellington, "in concert" (with whom, the ads don't say) at John Hancock Hall, tomorrow at 7:30 and 9:30 p.m.

Jimmy Mosher and his orchestra, at the Oceanview, Revere Beach, featuring the "Lucky Shekel" Contest--Series "E" two "I's", one "8". Two free tickets for any $1.00 bill containing above series letters and number presented at box office within seven days. Otherwise, 90 cents, no tax.

CINEMA

Mademoiselle Gobette is for all you adults only at the Brattle, at 5:30, 7:30 and 9:30 p.m. Us guys are allowed at the UPA cartoon festival, which is really whipping.

Eddy Duchin Story, in Technicolor, continuous from 1:30 p.m., at the U.T. Also, The Amazon Trader.

Downtown, Secrets of the Reef, at the Exeter, La Strada, at the Kenmore, War and Peace, at the Met, and Bandido, at Loew's State and Orpheum.