Piedmont Has Bigot's Grant For Fund Use

Piedmont College of Atlanta, Georgia, will continue to accept grants financed by an avowedly anti-Jewish, anti-Negro millionaire, it announced this week.

The Texas Education Association, reported by George Armstrong, Texas oil and cattle magnate, has given $600 monthly to the college since last spring.

Mr. Armstrong has advocated voting limited to "white Americans," United States withdrawal from the United Nations, and the trial of certain leading Jewish financiers for treason.

The decision of the board of trustees to take the grant was the latest action in a controversy that has split the college.

Three faculty members have laid their dismissals to their protests against acceptance of the fund. Student meetings and demonstrations also have opposed use of the association's grant. One trustee resigned following the board's decision.

According to the chairman of the board of trustees, the school was in dire financial straits and because no strings were attached to the grant, the board could see no reason to refuse it.

Three years ago Jefferson Military College of Natchez, Mississippi refused a $50,000,000 endowment from Mr. Armstrong because of the limitation of enrollment to "white Christians."