Booters Tie Brown, 0 to 0; Craven, Ufford Stand Out

Tight Harvard defensive play and a spectacular last-minute save by goalie Dick Craven gave the Crimson booters a 0 to 0 tie against Brown on the Business School Field Saturday, after a fast and rugged Bruin halfback line had throttled Coach Bruce Munro's forward line all afternoon.

There was little in-front-of-the-goal play as both defenses kept the ball in midfield most of the time. The closest either team came to scoring was three minutes before the end of the last quarter, when Brown left wing Bob Stollman broke through the Crimson left side to cross a hard shot in front of Goalie Craven from close-in.

Craven leaped to his right and deflected what would otherwise have been a sure goal.

The Brown captain and center halfback Dave Michael sparked a defense which prevented the Harvard attack from taking a single clear close-in shot during the four regular 22 minute periods and two five minute overtimes.

Keystone of the Crimson defense was sophomore right fullback Charlie Ufford. His sure tackling and clearing smothered the strong left side of the Brown line and prevented any scoring thrusts from breaking through his side.

Meanwhile the left side of the Crimson defense was tightened by the fine work of halfbacks Latsi Berger and Pants Pantaleoni, and sophomore left inside Frank Davies. Davies has been improving all season and broke into the line-up prominently for the first time last Wednesday against M.I.T.