Busy School Teacher Gets Job with ECA

The draft may be a forgotten thing for most undergraduates, but for Business and Law School professors it is still very real.

At least half of the members of the Business School faculty are new doing consultant work for a wide variety of government agencies. Statistics on the Law School are equally impressive.

Next Monday, still another "drafted" professor will leave Harvard to do a job for the government overseas. He is Lincoin Gordon '33, professor of Government and Administration at the Business School. Gordon, who has spent almost two years working out details of ERP, will fly to Paris to begin a year's assignment as head of the program division in the European headquarters of ECA.

He will relieve Milton Katz '27, professor of Law, who has held the position on an "acting basis" for some months, but who now is reported about to become deputy to W. Averell Harriman, Marshall Plan "roving ambassador."

Before the war, Gordon worked about nine months with the National Resources Planning Board on water and power resources. During the war, he was with the War Production Board, ending in 1945 as program vice-chairman. In the latter half of 1946, he was a member of the U.S. delegation on the UN Atomic Energy Commission.

From July, 1947 to the spring of 1948 Gordon was "almost full time" consultant with the State Department, working on ERP. In August, 1948, he was special assistant to Ambassador Harriman in Paris ECA headquarters.