Eli Pups Host To Freshman Track Squad

Coach Carl Olsen and most freshman track team members are confident of victory at New Haven tomorrow.

The meet will probably be as close as any this season, the team hastens to explain, for Yale's team is fairly strong and liberally scattered with stars. The records of the two teams throws little light on tomorrow's outcome, as there is no common opponent against which the Crimson and the Blue can be compared.

Much of the confidence on the part of the freshmen was inspired by the great improvements they have made in practice this week. The warm weather has brought out the best in the runners, while certain of the weightmen have increased their distances substantially.

Eli Has Ace Hurdler, Distance Man

Dick Weiskopf should win both the 100 and the 220 for the Yardlings. Ace Yale hurdler Skip Hill will give Charlie Durakis, Jim McLaughlin, and Bill Gelck plenty of competition. Frank Efinger, who took third in 4:19 behind Gil Dodds in the BAA mile last year, is slated to put a dont in the Crimson's near perfect middle distance and mile record although Dave Cairns, Ron Berman, Dave Gregory and company will give the Yale star a run for his money.

Fred Raverby upholds the Crimson in the shot and the javelin, in which he has greatly improved recently. Both events would be close tomorrow as should be the discus in which Jack Kiggen joins Ravreby for the freshmen. Dan Tucker and Dick Rubin will be competing against their ex-teammates from Andover Joe Chadbourne and Jim Mason in the hammer. All four have been heaving the iron to between 140 and 150 feet.