12 More Put On Probation In Riot Case

All Men Whose Bursar's Cards Were Taken Disciplined for Part in Square Disturbance

Twelve students, who were not arrested but who lost their bursar's cards in the Square disturbance the night before the Princeton game, were all placed on probation by vote of the Administrative Board yesterday.

Terms for the 12 ranged from one to two months and, as such, were shorter than the one to four months probation terms which the nine men arrested in the outbreak received last Wednesday.

Explaining the decision of the seven-member Board, Dean Bender said "there was "little difference between the actual behavior" of the arrested group and the group which simply lost its bursar's cards. "As a result, the same reasoning, the same policy, and the same regulations apply."

Basic Rule

The basic regulation on which the disciplinary action depended was the parietal rule reading, "The mere presence of a student in a disturbance or unauthorized demonstration makes him liable to disciplinary action."

There were others "just as guilty" as the students now on probation, Bender added, "but nobody was able to get their names."

Bender said yesterday's decision completes expected University action in the case. "Anybody else who might have been involved can now relax."