The Lucky Bag

As we all know G. Washington said, "It's better to be alone than in bad company"; if he had added "bailling or bewildering" company more of the boys in the management class would undoubtedly agree. "Pablo" Giamis would assent, especially after his confident sociological theories on Finnish introverts were unceremoniously cut off by a smiling "Anybody else?" which we suspect by now contains psychological implications deeper (and more important) than any of those of Arnello himself.

Also Don Henker would surely agree; since he has twice been faced with the "unfair" question, "What did you really get out of this class?" From the twinkle in his eye we suspect that before long he will get up enough courage to give a truthful answer.

If our Katzenjammer twins, Fauria and Dranetz, have looked especially broad from the rear during this week, it is not due to too much calisthenics, but to a set of pillows which the boys found necessary after last Sunday's riding experience. Having seen how these two Mighty Mites have suffered how could anyone think of trying such sport again?

And have you noticed how proud Jim is of his well rounded physique these days; he has found that after two months in the closet his greys still fit him. The acceleration principle in his curvaceous life seems to be flattening out.

We are happy to report that in the lives of one of our brothers a great change has taken place; none other than Frankie Hayes, who set a record for consistency (in dates with one person) on his last leave. Recently of the Touraine Troubadors, F. X. now spends his weekends sighing over sweet letters from Joisey. This all proves that you should "never underestimate the power of a woman"--espeically with regard to Frankie.

But alas! some people can never profit from the mistakes of others. For instance, Weeping Walter Blatt, who rushed to take over the empty place in the Troubadors, returned the next morn a sadder and a wiser man.

Even though we had seen sternly repressed flickers around the edges of his lips we never were quite sure that our moralizing disbursing teacher could really smile until Hugh Chalfant "gave him the word" last week. Hugh's courage certainly deserves public praise in the press (where no stern hand of retaliation rules as in the classroom), especially since from the rumors we've heard he will need something to warm his heart up in the Aleutians next winter.