STICKMEN SEEK ANDOVER WIN

Player-Coach Bridge, Mates Out to Snap Losing Streak

Under new management, Harvard's Varsity lacrosse team will invade Andover this afternoon in an attempt to snap their three game slump and bring the season average up to the 500 mark.

Captain Tom Bridge has stopped into the shoes of Coach George Hanford, who left for active duty in the Navy Saturday, and will double as player-coach for the remaining four games. The stickmen will be without the services of their regular goalie, Jerry Levy, who is sick with the measles. His place will be filled by Norm Cameron of the Leverett A. C.

The starting line-up for today's clash is, as usual, an interesting subject for discussion, with few positions definite. Attackmen Dink Donahue and Jay Hurley are almost sure to get the nod, but the third attack post is fair game for Nat Brackett or Billy Guild.

In the midfield, a similar situation exists. George Angle will start, teaming up with any two of Ed Barber, Bud Lane, Newt Peabody, Frank Goodman or, Dave Thompson. Defensively, possible starters, besides Captain Bridge, are Miles Overholt, Mack Brodrick, and Freshmen Don Page and Ed Davis.

After the Andover conflict, the stickmen will have only a week to prepare for the Yale game at New Haven next Wednesday. This Saturday the Bridgemen will journey down the river for a return engagement with MIT and will conclude the season on the 8th of May against Springfield.