THE NAVY SUPPLY CORPS SCHOOL

Questions Answered As End Draws Near

Now, mark these dates down in your little black book. Last day of classes this semester, Saturday, May 8 (three weeks from tomorrow). From Sunday, the 9th through Tuesday, the 11th will come a pre-exam "reading period" (no classes), during which beer will flow freely at the club (not gratis, but like water). Final exams come Wednesday, the 12th through Saturday, the 15th. Then, an inter-term recess of three days (16th, 17th, and 18th) when, we hope, the travel ban will be lifted so that we may see what's happened to the Big City since last time we saw Jamaica.

From Wednesday, the 18th to the 31st, second semester classes will meet, interrupted on June 1 for commencement (it's really only the beginnin' folks), and 14 days' leave to the 14th, when classes will be resumed.

Since the second Midshipman class begins here June 1st, most of the present class will move out of Chase, to some nearby dorm, before that date. We think it would be possible, in view of the arrival of the new class, the weather, and sundry other considerations, that graduation might take place Saturday, May 29, instead of the following Tuesday, to everyone's advantage. That's the least we can ask of our beloved blue-book graders.

Here are a few addenda, before that old bell rings.... The uniform situation is very much ravelled at the moment. Should we buy anchor shoulder boards for our summer uniforms, and sell them to the next class? What hats can we wear with whites as Midshipmen? Can we wear whites as Midshipmen? For graduation, though, you'd better have an officer's visor cap, white cover, insignia, et al, and white shoes. Black shoes are required with khakis on and off the station. Tune in next week for answers.