THE MOVIEGOER

At the U.T.

The week's special at Harvard's Widener annex features another cut from the same old carcass--a saloon saga, no less, but without the equine and bovine props, without Dictrich, without even Sex, unless Gable bussing Turner during 30 long clinches demonstrates Love. To us it shows endurance,--on the audience's part. Besides, there is only one brief glimpse of Lana's limbs, and strangely enough, while all the other corny cliches are there, you won't find La Lana perching on the pianner as the boys in the background croon "Who Poured the Beer in Paddy's Coffin?"

This time it's Gable as the confidence man who runs Yellow Crik, Nevada and is married to a little Boston wide-eye after a drinking bout. Imagination can supply the details. Marjorie Mann plays her usual role of the One Bright Spot in the Program. There is a Hays ending, as might be expected, with Gable promising not to rook the good citizens of Yellow Crik, Nevada. Put this one down to experience though don't blame it on bad acting but bad casting and a hackneyed plot. Turner having a baby and pulling a Durbin act calls to mind sweaters, Artic Shaw, and one-month-marriages, thereby wrecking the general effect. There's also a second feature dealing with love in prolix form, a broken engagement and other assorted ho-bum. Lack of Harvard football pictures indicates another oversight on the management's part, no doubt.