What's His Number?

Student Support Weak

This brings around the second topic of discussion, which is that Harvard has a scrapping, capable team which does not deserve the rotten support it has been getting.

Student backing has been flatter than a Lampoon limerick. Of every ten undergrade who get off the Huntington car at Mass. Ave. on Saturday night, nine of them don't go to the Symphony, and nine don't go to the local refrigerator, either.

A half-sized crowd reported at the Dartmouth game, about three-fourths of which was composed of dates, shoe-shine boys with free tickets, and the perennial mob of sadists who are always willing to plank down $1.65 to see Harvard checked into the boards.

Clark Hodder is doing a fine coaching job in his second year. The individuals on his squad have shown a cooperative spirit that not so long ago would have been received with relief, when stars were more numerous.

The combination of these two features has turned what had been slated as the worst team in ten years into the scrappiest and most surprising athletic outfit that Harvard has produced in the last two years.

While the stickwork of some of the team may be short of ideal, the skating of the squad as a whole is good. Mixed with lots of fight, it goes a long way, and may bring Harvard the Quad title.

The tariff of $1.65 is a bindrance is increased attendance, but the reduction on coupon books makes it possible for most students to attend the games. And, after all, a winning team is somewhat of a rarity this year, so we ought to support this one