CONFERENCE TO BEGIN TOMORROW MORNING

MANY DISTINGUISHED EXPERTS ARE GUESTS

After a preliminary meeting of all delegates at 7:30 o'clock in the Lowell House Common Room, the third annual Guardian Conference will open with a plenary session tomorrow morning at 9:30 o'clock in the Winthrop Senior Common Room.

President Conant will make the opening address with a short talk on "Propaganda and Education." Immediately following this, Carl J. Friedrich, professor of Government, will give the keynote speech.

Immediately after Professor Friedrich's talk, Gordon W. Allport '19, professor of Psychology, I. L. Child, tutor in Psychology, and Ross McFarland, Columbia research expert, will give the psychologist's point of view, treating the special topic, "Propaganda and the Individual."

Stuart Chase Speaks

The morning's session will conclude with a series of speeches, describing technique analysis. I. A. Richards and Stuart Chase will discuss semantics; and Claude Robinson, poll technique. Mr. and Mrs. Robert S. Lynd, co-authors of "Middletown in Transition," will make the final addresses.

In the afternoon, starting at 2 o'clock, "Propaganda and the European War" will be treated by Charles Siepmann; Alan Dudley, of the British Library of Information; Professors Sidney B. Fay '96, and Jacob A. DeHaas; and Heiurich Bruening.

This series of talks will be followed with another on "Propaganda and American Democracy" by Edward Bernays, William Stoddard '07, Robert B. Choate '19, Lloyd Free, Heywood Broun, Stephen E. Fitzgerald, Nieman Fellow, Max Lerner, William Yogel, Nieman Fellow, and Professor Rupert Emerson will close the afternoon.

Tommorow evening at 8 o'clock and Saturday morning at 9:30 a number of study groups will take place, and Saturday afternoon at 2:30 a final plenary session will be held in the Winthrop Senior Common Room.