Freshman and Jayvee Pucksters Meet Bulldogs in Afternoon Doubleheader

Yardlings Will Have Hands Full Upholding Winning Streak Against Yale

HARVARD '40  YALE '40 Ervin, l.w.  r.w., Kite Winslow, c.  c., Rodd Eaton, r.w.  l.w., Burr Francis, l.d.  r.d., Howe Roosevelt, r.d.  l.d., Seabury Freedley, g.  g., Atkins

Coach Clark Hodder's record of five consecutive victories over Yale will be seriously threatened this afternoon when his Yardling sextet faces the Yale Freshman at 2:30 o'clock at the Boston Garden.

The Elis not only boast one of the best records in years, but will also be the five Yale Freshman team in several years to enter the Harvard game with at least an even chance. The Bulldogs have won nine games, lost three, and tied one, whereas the Yardlings have won eight, lost one, and tied one. St. Paul's their only mutual opponent, beat Yale and was defeated by Harvard, both by one goal margins. Comparing the teams on this basis, the teams are very evenly matched.

Although this year's Yardling team is definitely inferior to its predecessors of the past few years, it has shown steady and marked improvement during the past four weeks. The lowest ebb of the season was reached early in February when Hodder's streak of thirty consecutive victories was snapped by the B.U. Freshmen. This setback seems to have provided the spark that was lacking, and since then the team has looked like a completely new outfit.

Up to this week the Yardlings have been handicapped by having practiced less than twice a week. Five days of practice this week have helped considerably to round the team into shape and straighten out numerous problems. The most pressing of those problems has been in selecting left wings. There are very few left-hand shots on the squad, and consequently it has been necessary to convert righthanders.

It was expected last night that Vie Francis, who received a severe charley-horse in the game with the Jayvess Thursday, would be able to play. Francis is a vital cog in the Yardling offense and his loss would be felt considerably.

Jayvess Face Yale Also

Taking the ice at 4 o'clock, the Jayvees will engage in their annual contest with the Yale Jayvees. Except for Thursday's game with the Yardlings, the Jayvees are untested. Callaway, DeRham, and Talbot will form the first line, with Captain Bellows and Houghton at the points, and Johnson in the goal