Overset

A poor Junior who had one eye on a degree in Economics and the other on a Hockey letter found after two weeks of experience that he could not attend a 2 o'clock lecture and 2:30 o'clock practice at the same time. After suffering ill words from both sides until a point beyond which lay ruin, he determined to do something about it. He took a hockey stick to class Friday.

"Say, young man," came the voice, sharper perhaps than was expected, "what do you mean by attending my class with a hockey stick?"

"Yes, sir," mumbled the student somewhat relieved that the lecturer did not have a hockey stick.

"Don't you know the only place for a hockey stick is on the ice? Answer me!"

"I believe you've got something there, sir" came the reply as the hockey stick left for the ice accompanied by the Economics student.

* * * * *

"Oh," said the owner of a sprained ankle at the Hygiene Building yesterday when told he would have to use a cane. But the doctor could find no canes in the building. He called Stillman, no canes there. No, there was no need to buy any more, they would all be returned soon.

"That's O.K.," said the patient, and he walked out the door.

"Oh no it's not O. K.," popped the doc, "you can't walk without a cane. Come on back!" He called up Dillon Field House. They had one cane but wanted to keep it. The patient paced up and down looking at his watch.

Billings and Stover had a pair of crutches. "Good," sighed the doctor. The student left on a pair of crutches.

* * * * * *

The story has come to the surface of an Eliot House social elephant who had six "obligations" at St. Tim's School. "Well," he figured, "they can't get away for any games anyway," so he invited all six to the Yale Game.

When the first answer came, accepting, he thought "one in a million," but when all six came accepting, that was too true to be good. He wrote down to each one saying that plans had been changed, too bad, etc., and received in return a well typed letter signed by all six saying that they understood perfectly.