THE PRESS

Picture of Yale

There is an organization at Princeton called the Undergraduate Schools Committee whose purpose it is to send speakers to the preparatory schools of the country to inform students there of Princeton life and customs. Since preparatory school students are most likely to derive their ideas of a university from the sporting page of the national dailies, the entrance requirements, their family traditions, where their friends are going, or mere hearsay, such an organization should do much toward presenting the merits and advantages of the University in a saner and more practical light.

Now that Yale has the new College Plan which in its many manifestations is extremely vague to the outsider, an organization of Yale men who would explain the purpose and function of this plan in preparatory schools would be of inestimable value.

Though such an organization might be accused of proselytism, the speakers would not conceivably follow such a course. Representatives visiting the schools would only address those who cared to attend and would certainly have no opportunity or authority to offer any emoluments on behalf of the University.

It is felt that such a plan would successfully present a clearer picture of Yale to the preparatory school student and would serve to make plain the purpose of the College Plan, the standards of Yale, and what is expected of the undergraduate upon and after entrance. --Yale Daily News.