The Crimson Playgoer

Excellent Dancing of Astaire and Rogers Makes "Gay Divorcee" Very Entertaining Film

Don't be fooled by the electric lights outside the University this week: Ginger Rogers is definitely not a six day bike racer. Instead she always her for so effectively with Fred Astaire in "The Gay Divorcee." Fred's twinking toes do credit, in this performance, to his international reputation it is rather a shame, however, that the audience cannot be spared the antics of Alice Gracie Allen Brady and Everett Horton which come in between dances.

The scenes presenting a laquacions English waiter are very amusing, and the songs. "Let's Knock Knees." "Needle in a Raystack." "The Continental," and Cole Porter's now classic "Night and Day" are effective. Miss Rogers' gorgeous lumbs are hidden beneath graceful gowns, which is too bad for Miss Rogers and Miss Rogers' fans. The plot is well, we'll skip the plots if you like plots you're wasting your time.

In the other feature Joe Brown peddles his way to heroic victory in the six day bike race. The inevitable last shot displays Brown's offspring successfully mouthing a bicycle bell, proving beyond the strength of mere woman's words that the lad is Brown's progeny.