The Crimson Playgoer

Former Star of Rio Rita is Hit of Show at Kelth's--Bill is Suitable Cure For Reading Period Ennul

With two such stars as Ada May and Clariborue Foster on a bill, Seniors recovering from divisional, and underclassmen wearied with the reading period, could do no better than drop into the Keith Memorial tonight or tomorrow to see for themselves that stage and musical comedy stars who go on the vaudeville circuit are far from passe.

Ada May, former star of Rio Rita is so clever with her nimble dance steps that by the time she comes out for her third encore, the house is hers, the song about her boy friend's "shushpenders," and her dance "Subway Shuffle," completely captivating the audience. As for Miss Foster, we are forced to admit that her playlet is rather crude, but her acting, plus her dark hair and bright eyes--well it was a good act.

Ballet Troupe Pleases

For those who like the ballet, the numbers performed by the Pavley-Oukrainsky troupe are exceptional. The stage effects for this act are unusually attractive, and provide a delightful setting for several very pleasing numbers. Contrasted to the aesthetic appeal of the ballet is the act by Corinne Tilton, whose imitation of a "reshpectaful gurl on a shbig date" is uproarious and brings down the house.

The usual equilibrist act as the bill's opener is excellent, the "death-defying, daredevil climax" really giving us a thrill. Haye and Sayre, the two man dance team are very good as long as they are dancing, but unfortunately they attempt to sing too often.

"Trent's last Case", the RCA photophone, is as good a picture as has been shown in this house this season. Raymond Griffith solves the crime in entertaining and amusing, if not mystifying manner. And Marceline Day is the heroine,--if that means anything to anyone.