In the Graduate Schools

Staff of the School of Architecture Displays Works

An exhibition of the work of the staff of the School of Architecture is on display in the exhibition room of the Old Fogg Museum, now devoted to the Schools of Architecture and Landscape Architecture. This exhibit is open to the public.

This year, in addition to the work of Professor J. J. Haffner and J. B. Conant '13, and H. D. Murphy and H. B. Warren, there has been added a group of oils and water colors by A. L. Ripley, who joined the staff this year to instruct in the life class and in water color sketching.

Among the many divers objects on exhibition, there are oil paintings by Mr. Murphy, and water colors by Professor Haffner and Mr. Warren. The subjects of the paintings range from architectural sketches to landscapes. The landscapes range from Mediterranean and Caribbean subjects to canvases representing the wintry landscapes of the North.

This year Professor Conant, instead of showing drawings and sketches as usual, has put on view several of the plates recently commissioned by the Corporation, showing Harvard subjects and based upon the ancient service which was used by the College in colonial period and early days of the Republic. Many fragments of this china were unearthed last spring during the excavations for the heating lunnel behind University Hall.