In the Graduate Schools

Warren and Cardozo Clubs Victorious in Second Year Eliminations

The Warren Law Club, represented by R.K. McConnaughey 2L. and F.W.R. Pride 2L., won in the second quarter-final of the Ames Competition held in Langdell Hall Center Friday night. F.S. Balthis Jr. 2L., and F.F. Houser 2L. of the Sutherland Law Club, represented the plaintiff, while McConnaughey and Pride were the attorneys for the defendant. The case was argued before a court of three justices, who are: Dean Roscoe Pound, Hon '20, Chief Justice; George P. Davis '14, of the firm of Dunbar, Nutter, and McClennen, and Francis N. Balch '96, of 60 State Street, Boston, Associate Justices. The Warren Club was awarded the verdict by a 6 1-2 to 5 1-2 vote.

On Monday night, the first of the quarter-finals of the Ames Competition was argued before William E. McCurdy 16, Chief Justice. The Cardozo Law Club, represented by Henry Baum 2L. and Logan Fubrath 2L., won against the Chafee Law Club, represented by Matthew Goring 2L. and R.W. Englehart 2L., 7 to 5. The remaining two quarter-finals will be held at 8 o'clock in Langdell Hall between the Bryce and Sanford Law Clubs on Wednesday, and between the Pollock-Choate and Sargent Law Clubs on Tuesday, February 21.

In addition to the rules of the Ames Competition it is at present contemplated by the Board of Advisers to be put into effect next year, namely, that the results of the first-year Inter-Club arguments shall be used to resolve any ties among the winning clubs in the qualifying round.