THE STUDENT VAGABOND

For the student of art who enjoys modern work, there is an exhibition of reproductions of paintings and drawings at the old Fogg Museum this week which will prove of interest.

France is represented by reproductions of work by Dicasso, Durain, Cachaise, Matisse and Maillot, all modern artists bearing most distinguished reputations as leaders in their fields.

Photographs of sculpture by Brancusi Fiori and Faggi are also on show. The work of Brancusi is so eccentric that it has caused a furore among artistic circles wherever it has been shown. His work is so unusual, in fact, that the stolid customs officials of New York City, untrained in the finer points of the new style, refused to admit several of his statues exempt from customs as works of art. Art was art, they maintained, but not these monuments.

At 10 o'clock this morning the Vagabond will make his way to Emerson F. and choosing a convenient seat prepare to hear a subject explained that has always baffled him. The lecture is "Anarchism", and will be given by Dr. Mason. Amidst the confusion and darkness surrounding the Russian revolution, the word anarchy conveys nothing that the bombing of buildings, and slaughter of dissenters. It will be interesting to learn whether there is any constructive theory behind the terrorism.

Other lectures of interest today are:

9 O'clock

"Equal Protection of the Laws--Discrimination, on Account of Race." Professor Yoomans, Harvard 2. Government 19.

"Federal Income Taxation," Professor Burbank, Harvard 6. Economics 5.

10 O'clock

"Kant's Theory of Religion and Art," Professor Hocking, Emerson D. Philosophy A.

"Modern Venezuela," Professor Haring, Harvard 2. History 56.

11 O'clock

"America in the Pacific, 1870, 1903," Professor Schlesinger. New Lecture Hall, History 32b.

"Italiah Baroque and Spanish Painting," Professor Edgell. Widener B. Fine Arts 1d.