Additional Half-Courses to be Given During the Coming Term

Numerous Visiting Professors to Take Part in Second Term Curriculum

Announcement of second half-year courses of instruction supplementary to those given in the regular bulletin of courses was made last night by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences. Six new courses are listed, three in Astronomy, two in Psychology, and one in Fine Arts. Four courses will be omitted, three of them in the Psychological field, and one in History. Changes are announced in 12 courses.

Visiting professors play a large part in the second half-year of instruction. Professor Adolph Goldschmidt, of the University of Berlin, is in charge of half-courses on Dutch Painting and on Medieval Painting; Professor Poibram, from the University of Vienna, will give a half-course on the history of the Hapsburg Monarchy, while Professor Buhler, also of the Viennese institution, will take part in courses in Psychologq. Professor Persons of Boston University is giving a course in Economics.

The new list follows:

NEW COURSES

For Undergraduates and Graduates

Fine Arts 5u. Technique and Aims of Italian Sculpture. Thursday, from 2 to 4 o'clock. Professor Maclagan. (XVI, XVII)

Primarily for Graduates

Astronomy 9. Theoretical Astrophysics. Lectures and seminar (three times a week; hours to be arranged). Mr. H. H. Plaskett, Dominion Astrophysical Observatory, Victoria, B. C.

The subjects treated will include spectroscopy, spectrophotometry, radiative equilibrium, Eddington's mass-luminosity law, the Saha and Fowler-Milne equations.

Astronomy 20c. Research. Astrophysics. Mr. H. H. Plaskett.

Astronomy 20d. Research. Stellar Statistics. Assistant Professor Luyten.

Psychology 28a. Seminary in Psychology. Theory of Language and Thinking Wednesday evenings at 7.30 o'clock. Professor Buhler, University of Vienna.

Psychology 31a. Theoretical Psychology. Tuesday, Thursday Saturday at 11 o'clock. Professor Buhler. (XIII)

CHANGES IN COURSES

For Undergraduates and Graduates