In the Graduate Schools

Fishman With Highest Grade Awarded Shelton Hale Scholarship

Scholarships varying in amount from $200 to $300 a year have been awarded to 15 first year Law School students, it was announced last night by Secretary G. H. Holiday '89 of the Law School.

The awards were made as a result of examinations held early in December. More than 100 first year students took the examinations and the scholarships were given to the 15 men who attained the highest grades.

Solomon Fishman of New York City, was awarded the Shelton Hale scholarship of $250. He is credited with the highest individual ranking in the examinations.

Alger Hiss of Baltimore, Maryland, received the Herbert Parker scholarship. This scholarship was established in 1924 in honor of Herbert Parker '78 and amounts to about $250. The two Class of 1913 scholarships go to Herman Thomas Anstern of New York City, and Jule Elias Stocker of Detroit, Michigan. The Faculty scholarship was awarded to Fredierick William Roy Pride of Portsmouth, Ohio.

The ten Harvard Law School Association scholarships amounting to $250 each were awarded to Paul Martinson of New York City, Harvel Shulsky of New York City; Paul John Coughlin of Spokane, Washington; Hugo Frederick Blumenberg of Wheeling, West Virginia; David Miller of Mineral Wells, Texas; William Brainerd Carmen Jr., of Detroit Lakes, Minnesota; Warren Eugene Hoagland of Kansas City, Missouri; Irving Herman Jurow of Brooklyn, New York; Kenneth David McCracken of Paxton, Illinois; and Nathan Allen Cobb, of Portland, Maine.