1928 TRACK TEAM TRIES ITS LUCK WITH EXETER

PRATT EXPECTED TO CLEAN UP IN FIELD EVENTS

Fresh from a 70-55 victory over Andover, the Freshman track team will today try its luck against Exeter. Exeter is reputed to be better than its great rival this season some ten or 15 points, which points to a neck and neck fight at Exeter this afternoon.

Both delegations count among their members athletes of unusual promise. The outcome of most of the events today is nearly impossible to predict. The mile race, for instance, will see Luttmann of Harvard and Swede of Exeter, brother of the Crimson cross-country star, opposed to each other. Both can lay claim to excellent performances during the early season.

In the hurdles Greenslet and Tomasney of 1928 will run against Luman and O'Connell. Tomasney, who is better known as a broad jumper, has recently developed into a hurdler of considerable promise.

Cooley Dangerous In Sprints

The sprints should go to Harvard by a very narrow margin, although Cooley of Exeter is no man to be left out of the reckoning. The Crimson star, Burns, however, is picked to hold his own against any of his opponents.

With Pratt, most of the field event points ought to fall to Harvard. The shot put is his strong point, and few can equal him in the javelin, discus, and hammer. The javelin event claims a new man, May, of whom Coach Farrell expects a good deal in the future. For the discus, Pratt will find keen competition in the person of Captain Brandenburg of Exeter. The schoolboy leader is also entered in the broad jump.

The mid-distances will probably fall to the Crimson through Captain O'Neil, who holds the Exeter record for the half.