Communication

An Opportunity for Service In New York

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

May I, through your columns, invite the attention of those Seniors who are intending to locate in New York City to a form of quasi-public service which they are particularly well qualified to render.

There are now, or soon will be, in the Borough of Manhattan, 50 Troops of Boy Scouts without leaders. University men are wanted as Scoutmasters for these boys. The service is neither difficult nor arduous. But it is of the highest possible importance to the city. College men have had opportunities denied to others. They owe something to the community. As Scoutmasters they are asked to give not money but a little of themselves. They can get nearer to the coming American and influence him more directly in this way than in any other. And in so doing they will help themselves.

Every employer is selecting men or, in considering fitness for promotion, looks for those who have had personal experience in handling boys or men. Many a young Scoutmaster has been glad that he could claim such experience. Any Senior willing to serve others--and himself--in this way is requested to communicate with Frederick Trevor Hill, Chairman, Scoutmasters Committee, 56 Wall street, New York City. Colonel Hill will give all details in person or by letter. EDWARD HARDING '95

June 11, 1921.