DRAMATIC CLUB BEGINS WORK

PROF. BAKER TO ADDRESS MEETING FOR ALL CANDIDATES IN UNION.

The first open meeting of the Dramatic Club will be held in the Trophy Room of the Union tonight at 7 o'clock. Professor G. P. Baker '87 will speak and plans for the coming year will be discussed. All candidates for the acting, publicity and stage competitions are to report.

The winning play in the club's competition will be announced tonight and the reading of this play will be held Wednesday evening. Trials for the candidates will take place Friday night in the Trophy Room of the Union and rehearsals will begin next Monday. At tonight's meeting candidates for parts are to sign up for hours on next Friday evening, when they are to be prepared with a recitation of about five minutes in duration.

The publicity competition will begin today at 3 o'clock. Candidates will report in Matthews 19 at that time. The publicity department takes charge of all press articles in connection with the activities of the club. The competition, which is open to Juniors, Sophomores and Freshmen, offers an opportunity to gain practice in writing articles for the newspapers and other periodicals.

Candidates for the business end are requested to report to T. Clark '17, in Thayer 25 at 1.20 o'clock this afternoon. A splendid chance is given to the candidates of this department in becoming familiar with the financial end of stage production, as well as an acquaintance with men in the business side of theatres in and around Boston. Some slight clerical duties will also be demanded.