SPECIAL SERVICE TO NEW LONDON

Excursion Rates Made for Friday.--Schedule of Observation Trains.

Special arrangements have been made by the New York, New Haven and Hartford Railroad for service to New London, Friday as well as for the observation trains.

A special train will leave the South Station next Friday, at 12.05 o'clock, reaching Back Bay at 12.10 o'clock, and Providence at 1.10 o'clock, reaching New London in ample time for the University eight-oar race. On returning the special will leave New London as soon as possible after the return of the observation train. Should the race be postponed to another date, the train will leave immediately after official notice to such effect has been made. Round trip tickets from Boston at $5.24 and Providence at $3.14 may be obtained in advance at City Ticket Office, corner of Washington and Court streets, Boston; South Station, Back Bay Station, Union Station, Providence; and Leavitt & Peirce's. No tickets will be sold on the day of the races if the limit has been reached.

Observation trains for the University second and Freshman eight-oar races will leave New London Friday, at 9.45 o'clock for the starting point, following both races and then returning to New London. Tickets at $1 each may be bought at City Ticket Office, Ticket Office, New London; and Leavitt & Peirce's. Tickets for the observation trains for the University race have already been sold by application to the H. A. A. These trains will leave New London at 3.45 o'clock, for the starting point at the bridge, and will follow along the east banks of the Thames where an unobstructed view of the race may be had.