FORECAST OF 1916 ELEVEN

C. E. Parker Predicts That University Will Have An Experienced Squad to Work With.

C. E. Parker, football critic of the Boston Post; makes an annual practice at this season of the year of forecasting the line-up of the University, Princeton, Yale, Cornell and Dartmouth elevens for the ensuing season. His prognostication of the personnel of the 1916 University eleven is of unusual interest. Of the present University team the men who are to receive their diplomas in June are Mahan, King, Watson, Soucy, Wallace, Cowen, and Parson. Mr. Parker, after studying an eligible squad of some 40 men, comes to the conclusion that the University will not have such a green and inexperienced eleven as might seem to be the prospect to the ordinary follower of football. He places Coolidge at left end; Gilman, left tackle; Taylor, left guard; Harris, centre; Dadmun, right guard; Caner, right tackle; Harte, right end; Robinson, quarterback; Boles, left halfback; Flower, right halfback; and Bond, fullback. Of Coolidge, Gilman, Taylor, Dadmun, Harte and Boles, all football enthusiasts know a great deal. The new names are Harris, centre; Caner, right tackle; Robinson quarter-back; Flower and Bond, backs.

Substitutes Need Development.

"Caner was a University substitute on the recent team, and proved a fairly reliable man, who with another season of coaching, should develop into a worthy mate of Gilman. He weighs 176 pounds. ..." Harris was substitute centre during the past season, and whenever he had opportunity proved a worthy substitute for Wallace. He weighs only 170 pounds, but gets the best possible results out of his play. Robinson was a University substitute, and a man who at one time strongly threatened to oust Watson from the position. He came to great attention in the Penn. State game, when he took the team and directed a a most striking march down the field, despite Penn. State's strong opposition. He proved a heady general whenever given the opportunity and next fall should prove as great a man as his predecessor, for he combines with his generalship ability, an extraordinary skill in carrying the ball that is superior to that shown by Watson. He weighs 154-pounds.

Flower Has Great Possibility.

Flower was the backfield star of the Freshman team, showing marked ability and possibilities as a broken field runner and punter. He came to the University from Middlesex School and if he continues to show the form he demonstrated as a first-year man he should do much toward making up for the less of Mahan. He weighs 171 pounds. Bond was the line plunger and defensive back of the Freshmen during the season just passed. He hails from Everett High School where as a schoolboy player he made a great reputation. Since the University he has put on weight strength, at the same time retaining and improving, his knowledge and ability play the game. He should prove a great man for the "Haughton machine" of 1916. He weighs 176 pounds.

Mr. Parker says Casey did not show up particularly well on the Freshman team this year but holds a professional backfield position open for him.