POLLS OPEN FOR ELECTION OF STATE OFFICERS TODAY

Voting Will Take Place all Day From 6 to 4.30 o'clock at Voting Booths in Cambridge.

The election of officers of the State of Massachusetts will take place today. The polls will be open from 6 A. M. to 4.30 P. M. All registered voters who live in Precinct 2, Ward 8, will vote between these hours in the booth in the centre of Quincy square. Those voters who live in Precinct 1, Ward 9, will cast their ballots in the Ward Room of the City Building, Brattle square. The line dividing the two wards passes north from Boylston street up Massachusetts avenue, Ward 8 being on the east of this line, and including the Yard and most of the buildings of the University, and Ward 9 to the west.

The following state officers will be elected: governor, lieutenant governor, secretary, auditor, attorney-general, Councillor, senator, three representatives in general court, country-commissioner, country-treasurer, and sheriff.

Change in Government.

In addition, citizens of Cambridge who have registered will be called upon to vote on the proposed plan to change the government of the city of Cambridge. This plan, known as Plan B, proposes to abolish the present system of electing II aldermen and 22 councilmen, and substitute in its place a single body composed of one alderman from each of the 11 wards and four elected at large.

The question of an amendment of the constitution of the commonwealth alleging women to vote will also be voted at on today.