PASTEUR MEDAL DEBATE

Final Trials in New Lecture Hall Friday Evening at 7.45.

The eight men retained from the preliminary trials will debate for the Pasteur Medal in the New Lecture Hall Friday evening at 7.45 o'clock. The subject of the debate is "French Experience in the Administration of Railroads" and any side of the question may be treated. The speeches will be ten minutes in length, the logic and clear presentation of the subject being judged as well as the speaker's manner of delivery and general knowledge.

The Pasteur Medal was founded in 1898 by Baron Pierre de Coubertin, to be awarded to the best speaker in an annual debate on a subject drawn from contemporary French politics. Men retained for the final debate are S. B. Pfeifer '16, C. T. Rand '13, P. L. Sayre '16, F. F. Greenman '14, P. P. Cohen '16, H. Epstein '16, L. C. Henin '16 and J. W. Cooke '16. The judges of the debate have not yet been selected.

To Arrange for Triangular Debates.

Subjects for the Freshman and University triangular debate will be chosen at a meeting to be held at the Lampson Lyceum, New Haven, next Saturday at 5 o'clock. The subject receiving the highest number of votes will be selected for the University debates and that receiving the second largest number for the Freshmen. The date of the debates and other matters of detail will also be decided at this meeting. M. Suravitz '13 will represent Harvard at the conference.