UNIVERSITY TEAM DEFEATED

BY B. A. A., 4 TO 2, IN HARD-FOUGHT 40-MINUTE SCRIMMAGE.

The University hockey team was defeated 4 to 2 by the B. A. A. in a very hard-fought scrimmage in the Arena yesterday evening. Play lasted over 40 minutes, during which both teams were continually on the jump, the B. A. A. men playing an especially fast game, and shooting well and accurately. Blackall was given a day off, Wingate taking his place; but otherwise the University line-up was as usual.

At the beginning of the scrimmage the University men forced the play down to the B. A. A. goal, scoring twice, once on a shot of Pierce's from the side boards, and once through quick stick work by Duncan in a scrimmage. After this, however, the B. A. A. team braced, and during the remainder of practice was continually shooting at the University goal, several more scores being prevented by Gardner's brilliant stops. The B. A. A.'s last two goals were scored within five minutes of the close of play, after the forwards had skillfully passed the University defence.

The line-ups were as follows: HARVARD.  B. A. A. Sortwell, l.e.  r.e., J. W. Foster, Hornblower Duncan, l.c.  r.c., Winsor Huntington, r.c.  l.c., Hicks Pierce, Reeves, r.c.  l.e., G. P. Gardner, Jr., Leslie Wingate, c.p.  c.p., Heron Willetts, p.  p., N. H. Foster H. B. Gardner, g.  g., Canterbury