BASEBALL WITH BOWDOIN

Fourth Maine Team This Season Will Play University Nine at 4 o'clock.

The University baseball team will play the fourth team from Maine this season when it meets Bowdoin on Soldiers Field this afternoon at 4 o'clock. The team has had little chance for good practice since Tuesday's game with Bates, as the wind yesterday afternoon was too high to permit the playing of a game. Captain McLaughlin, however, worked out in the box, though he will probably not enter the game today. Babson is down to start as pitcher, and the remainder of the line-up will be the same as in the game with Bates.

Bowdoin played with Tufts yesterday afternoon and won by a score of 5 to 3. The men played a much better game than at any time this season and, though defeated by Bates 10 to 9, should put up an excellent game against Harvard. Bowdoin has played two games with Dartmouth, losing the first by the score of 4 to 2, and winning the second, 9 to 4. Last Saturday it met the strong University of Vermont nine and lost by a score of 6 to 0. The line-ups: HARVARD.  BOWDOIN. Rogers, r.f.  s.s., Weatherill Desha, s.s.  l.f., Smith Potter, 2b.  c., Wilson McLaughlin, l.f.  1b., Clifford Clifford, c.f.  3b., Lawlis Hann, 1b.  c.f., Purington Reeves, c.  r.f., Brooks Gibson, 3b.  2b., O'Neil Babson, p.  p., Urquhart