INFORMAL CONCERTS.

The entertainment by the Musical Clubs tonight brings up the old question of informal concerts. The Pierian Sodality has done yeoman service this winter in the Union pop nights,--service that has been greatly appreciated,--and once in a while the Musical Clubs unbend so far as to give a free performance for the members of the University. If these organizations could be made to realize how much the undergraduates enjoy hearing them play and sing, we believe that they would appear more often.

Already we have received various letters expressing the wish that several Yard concerts be held this spring. For some reason or other, we do not like to attribute it to the laziness of the Musical Clubs, very few have been held in recent years, in spite of the constant appeals of the undergraduates; and what was once one of the most pleasant features of the spring term has been allowed practically to disappear. With the Freshman and University Musical Clubs and the Pierian Sodality, it ought to be possible to arrange for one or more of these concerts every week in the warm weather. Undesirable publicity could be avoided by holding them in some part of the Yard which could be closed except to members of the University, and we feel sure that the size of the attendance would well repay the performers for their trouble.