HARVARD, 8; TECHNOLOGY, 0

Hockey Team Won Fast Match at Brae Burn.--Playing an Improvement.

The University hockey team defeated Technology yesterday afternoon at the Brae Burn Country Club, West Newton, by a score of 8 to 0. The work of the University team was an improvement over that in the game with Brae Burn last week, but nevertheless the men showed plainly a lack of practice. At times the team work was good, but there were many poor passes and inaccurate shots for goals. At no time was the team on the defensive and Technology, though putting up a stubborn resistance, was outplayed at every point of the game. Throughout the match the play was hard and fast.

Pell made the first score by clever stick work, and after several minutes of hard playing Newhall, aided by good team work, scored. The play during the rest of the period was in Technology's territory, and three scores were made from scrimmages near the goal posts. Several good chances to score were lost by inaccurate shooting.

In the second half the play was at times very even, and both teams played with considerable roughness. The University forwards showed their better condition and were much faster than their opponents. Pell did all the scoring in this half, and his playing was excellent throughout. Several times the Harvard goal was in danger, but scoring was prevented by the effective work of the defense.

The summary follows: HARVARD.  TECHNOLOGY. Pell, l.e.  r.e., Ford, O'Hern Townsend, l.c.  r.c., Miller, Fuller Leonard, Rumsey, r.c.  l.c., Coupal Newhall, r.e.  l.e., Kelley Briggs, Foster, c.p.  c.p., Gould Willetts, p.  p., Davis, Tylee Carpenter, g.  g., Billings

Score--Harvard, 8; Technology, 0. Goals--Pell 6, Townsend, Newhall. Referee--Dr. F. J. Goodridge '98. Time-keeper--Coach Donovan. Time--20 and 12-minute halves.

Team Leaves for New York Today.

The University hockey team will leave for New York this afternoon on the 1 o'clock train, and will play Columbia at the St. Nicholas Rink tomorrow evening at 8 o'clock. This will be the first intercollegiate game for the University team this season. The following men will be taken: Briggs, Carpenter, Foster, Leonard, Newhall, Paine, Pell, Rumsey, Townsend, Willetts. While in New York the team will stay at the Murray Hill Hotel.