WESLEYAN GAME TODAY.

At 4 o'clock.--Easy Victory Expected.--Long Practice Yesterday.

The University football team will play the Wesleyan eleven on soldiers Field this afternoon at 4 o'clock, in the last Wednesday game of the season.

As Wesleyan has a team of only ordinary strength this year, the University eleven should win by a large margin. Yale defeated Wesleyan a week ago 33-0. The score of the Harvard-Wesleyan game last year was 35-5.

Among the important changes in today's line-up will be the return of Marshall, Robinson and Nichols, who have been out of the game because of injuries. Schoellkopf will be tried at fullback, the position he formerly occupied at Cornell.

Following are the line-ups: HARVARD.  WESLEYAN. Le Moyne, l.e.  r.e., Eyster Parkinson, l.t.  r.t., North Robinson, l.g.  r.g., Taylor Carrick, c.  c., Sneider Wilder, r.g.  l.g., Ingraham Knowlton, r.t.  l.t., Forbes Bowditch, r.e.  l.e., Packard Marshall, q.b.  q.b., Outhrop Nichols, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Van Surdam Hurley, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Gillespie Schoellkopf, f.b.  f.b., Rogers

During a long and hard practice yesterday the University team scored three touchdowns, two by Nichols on runs of 40 and 50 yards respectively and one by Randall on a 35-yard run. Particular attention was paid by the coaches to fumbling. Owing to the interchange of men on the two teams, their strength was evenly balanced and each held the other frequently for downs. Both Parkinson and Knowlton, tackles, ran with the ball in the signal practice, but no attempt was made at this in the scrimmage.

More than anything else the play demonstrated the deplorable lack of an experienced man at center, neither Wilder nor Carrick being at all satisfactory.