Fact and Rumor.

Professor Barrett Wendell has been appointed one of the representatives of the University at the celebration next October of the 300th anniversary of the founding of the Bodleian Library at Oxford.

The Social Service Committee has elected the following officers for next year: Chairman, A. B. Parson '03; secretary, G Taylor '04; treasurer, E. V. R. Thayer '04; assistant director, G. E. Huggins 1G.

I. G. Fry '04, W. A. Schick '05 and S. Curtis Sp. C. were entered in the City of Boston games, held at North End Park last Saturday. In the hundred yard dash Shick ran from scratch and got second place. Fry got second place in the quarter mile from scratch and Curtis won the half mile from the forty-yard mark.

The Architectural Department has just received two shipments of valuable casts of urns and candelabra made after the originals which are now in the Vatican Museum at Rome. With them is a cast of the entablature of the Pantheon, showing the cornice, frieze, architrave, and capital of its columns. These new casts will soon be put upon exhibition in the Architectural Building.

President Eliot spoke on Saturday at the installation of Dr. N. M. Butler as president of Columbia University. The following members of the Faculty were guests at the ceremony: Professor Ames, Dr. Bowditch, Professor Channing, Professor Emerton, Professor Hart, Professor Langley, Dr. Minot, Professor Morgan, Professor Munsterberg, Dr. Potter, Professor Smith, Professor Wendell, and Mr. W. C. Lane.