University Calendar.

23. Monday.President and Fellows of Harvard College. Meeting at No. 50 State street, Boston, 10.30 a. m.

Seminary of American History and Institutions. The Scioto Company. W. T. Arndt.- General review of the year's work by the Instructors. University 24, 3.30 p. m.

Seminary of Economics. The Land Grant to the Union Pacific Railroad. Mr. R. W. Cone. University 23, 4.30 p. m.

Mathematical Conference. Papers: The Cardioide: Some of its Properties found by the Method of Inversion. Mr. R. C. Archibald.- The Calculus of Line Coordinates. Mr. E. B. Wilson. Sever 20, 4.30 p. m.

Harvard Religious Union. The Modern Man and the Church. Mr. E. F. Alexander. Parlors of the First Parish Church, 6.45 p. m. Open to all members of the University.

24. Tuesday.Faculty of Arts and Sciences. Meeting at University 5, 4 p. m.

Geological Club. Papers: Gorgecutting in the Genesee Valley. Mr. A. W. Grabau.- The Nitrate Deposits of Chili. Mr. H. F. Kendall. Geological Laboratory, Room 3, M. Z., 7 p. m.

Geological Conference. Paper: (1) The St. Louis Tornado of May 27, 1896. (2) The Waterspout off Martha's Vineyard, Aug. 19, 1896. (3) The Snowstorm of Jan. 31-Feb. 1, 1898. (Illustrated with stereopticon). Mr. R. DeC. Ward. Geological Lecture-room, M. Z., 8 p. m. Open to all members of the University.

Concert by the Pierian Sodality of Harvard University. Sanders Theatre, 8 p. m.

Open to all members of the University and their friends.

25. Wednesday.Last day for receiving from Undergraduates applications for College Scholarships, and for Price Greenleaf Aid for 1898-99.

Divinity School Conference. The Devotional Culture of a Parish. Rev. Professor J. Henry Thayer, D. D., Litt. D, Divinity Chapel, 4.30 p. m. Open to the public.

Harvard Christian Association. Lessons from the Life of St. Paul. Mr. J. A. Richards. Holden Chapel, 6.45 p. m. Open to all members of the University.

26. Thursday.Seminary of Classical Philology. Open meeting. Sophron, Theocritus and Herondas. Mr. C. Bonner.- The Symbolism of the Apple in Classical Antiquity. Mr. B. O. Foster.- The Supine in Plautus. Mr. J. A. Peters. Classical Library, Harvard 2, 8 p. m.

27. Friday.Divinity School. Preaching Service. Mr. W. S. Nichols. Divinity Chapel, 7.30 p. m. Open to the public.

28. Saturday.Last day for receiving applications for Medical School Fellowships or Scholarships for 1898-99 (except the Cheever and Hayden Scholarships).

Commencement Parts. Reading of Parts before the Committee. Sanders Theatre, 9 a. m.