The discussion which has recently taken place as to the advisability of permitting holders of graduate school degrees, whether or not they are graduates of the college, to vote for overseers, seems from the undergraduate point of view to exaggerate somewhat both sides of the question.

There seems to be little reason to expect any remarkable practical result from the step, if it be taken. As a matter of theory, or as a general policy, it would seem reasonable that the graduate schools be represented. That the schools or their incomes are suffering under the present management does not appear however. It is hard to see, on the other hand, how any real injury can result from the increase of the suffrage. Naturally enough the recipients of the Harvard degree of A. B. should consider themselves a little more closely connected with Harvard affairs than other people, even though they do not always take the trouble to vote, but the notion that there is danger of introducing an undesirable element into the vote, is to say the least, a trifle visionary. If a man has not the interests of the University at heart, he is not likely to vote. If he is sincere in his support, his vote will be a positive benefit.

The issue of justice to one side or the other is then far-fetched. As a business measure, the decision of the legislature will hardly, in either event, greatly alter the policy of the University. It may do some good; it can not do much harm.