Communication.

The University Club.

To the Editors of the Crimson:

The present time seems to be a good one to take up the question of the University Club and settle it so far as in our power. During the last few years there have been various schemes for bringing the different men and interests of the University together. No practical result has as yet come of this scheming and the conclusion arrived at by most of those who have given the matter much thought, is that the best way to unite the interests of the University is by means of a University Club; which shall be the place where all matters dealt with by the students are carried on. The fact that the men must meet here on business will lead to social intercourse. I mean that when a football meeting is held it will be held at the University Club and any man who wants to see any of the football men will go there. Then again if the University wants to express its opinion on any subject this club will furnish a place where all who are interested in University matters can get together to voice that opinion.

Now the building of such a club will be a very expensive thing and the graduates will certainly not subscribe unless the undergraduates show that they want it. It seems to me that without doubt we do want it, and that the sooner we point out to the graduates our desire, the better.

J. H. PERKINS.