Special Notice.

THIRD YEAR MEN.- Third year law men get the same reduction on photographs as in former years at Pach's. 59-6

FOR SALE.- The c. b. cutter designed by Edward Burgess and built by Lawley in 1890. Length over all, 40 feet; l. w. l., 29.10; beam, 11 ft.; draught, 5 ft.; lead keel of 5.5 tons; two suits of working sails and complete suit of light sails. The yacht is copper-fastened and centreboard sheathed with copper. Running rigging complete. Also an extra set of main halliards of steel wire with blocks for same. For further particulars address,

WM. E. WATERHOUSE, 54 Devonshire street, Boston.59-5tf

FOX TERRIER puppies bred from prize winning stock, for sale. Can be seen from 3.30 to 4.30 or after 7.30. 4 Carver St., Cambridge.

ARRANGEMENTS can now be made at 16 Prescott street for superior table board from April 25 to close of college term. Limited number, club or general table.

57-3t

STUDENTS can secure transient or permanent board and rooms for themselves, their relatives and friends visiting Cambridge at this time. Terms reasonable. At 1684 Massachusetts avenue, near Shepard street. Strictly first class.

57 tf

JOHN KNOWLES PAINE, professor of music in Harvard University, says in the course of an interview in the April issue of Music: "I am heartily in favor of opera in our own language, and do what I can for it. Now, take that company at the Castle Square. Miss Lane deserves as much credit for her work as does Mme. Melba. Seldom in my life have I found so sweet and sympathetic a voice as hers. Her Marguerite was a revelation. While that company remains there, there is a proof of what can be done by American artists, trained in America, in the American language."

The above endorsement is in line with what Mr. William Dean Howells, has recently said of the Castle Square Theatre and is a source of pleasure to the many patrons of the opera season there.

This week's attraction is Vincent Wallace's opera "Maritana." The opera is a brilliant one, and as much of a credit to the theatre as anything given there.

Next week, grand opera will have the stage again, and the opera selected for production is Gounod's "Faust." This opera is an extraordinary favorite, and a great week is assured. The feature of the Castle Square production is the wonderful electrical effects, which surpass anything of the kind ever seen in Boston. The presentation is an exceedingly elaborate one, entailing a great amount of labor and expense.

"Faust" will be the attraction for only one week, and all lovers of grand opera, magnificently sung and staged, should not fail to be present.