University Calendar.

October 17. Saturday.Geological excursion to Nahant, Mass., conducted by Professor Shaler.

Members will leave the Union Station, Eastern Division, at 9 a. m. Tickets to Lynn and return. Intending members will please notify Mr. Jaggar, Room 3, M. Z. (See notes.)

18. Sunday.Appleton Chapel, 7.30 p. m. Rev. W. H. P. Faunce, D. D., of New York.

Students of the University should enter at the south side-door. Officers of the University and their families enter at the north side-door. The public are admitted at the front doors. Seats are reserved for members of the University until 7.25 p. m.

Weekday morning prayers begin at 8.45 a. m. No seats are reserved.

Rev. Francis G. Peabody, D. D., will conduct prayers from October 19 to October 21; and Rev. George Hodges, D. D., from October 22 to November 7.

The preacher conducting prayers may be found at Wadsworth House 1 every week-day during his term of service.

Dr. Hodges may be found at Wadsworth House 1 daily from 9 till 11.

19. Monday.Seminary of American History and Institutions. Experience and Methods of Historical Investigation. Dr. Justin Winsor. University 23, 3.30 p. m.

Seminary of Economics. Periodicals and other Aids to Economic Study, in France. Professor Dunbar. University 23, 4.30 p. m.

Harvard Religious Union. The Place of Aspiration in Religion. Mr. W. A. Neilson. Parlors of the First Parish Church, 6.45 p. m.

Open to all members of the University.

Lecture. (Illustrated by the Stereopticon). V. The Theatre in Athens. Professor Dorpfeld, Lecture Room of the Fogg Museum, 8 p. m.

Open to the public.

20. Tuesday.Faculty of Arts and Sciences. Meeting at University 5, 4 p. m.