The Advocate.

The last number of the Advocate is decidedly an "athletic" number, for the editorials deal entirely with athletics. They consider the work of the nine, the selection of umpires, the difficulty in fixing a date for the contest for the University Track Athletic Cup, and the training of the Harvard crew as compared to that of the English crews.

"The Patriot" is a well written and humorous sketch, dealing with an American girl just returned from England. The subject is a trifle old, but the humor and naturalness makes it interesting.

"The Left Hind-foot," though a little conventional and spun out, has several good touches in it, and promises well for future work.

"Tiens ta Foi" is carefully written and the plot is well sustained. There is just a sufficient touch of pathos to make it interesting and yet not cloy.

"A Lucky Scoop" opens well and sustains the interest to the end. It is a good hit at the journalism of today, and the result of the "Scoop" is well worked out.

"Bowker's Ideal" and "Three Sketches" end the number. The former is original and amusing, but rather rambling and pointless in spite of its humor. The latter is a good collection of descriptive work, the first and second being especially well written.

"Death" the only verse in the number is an amusing Lampoon-like contribution, cleverly executed; and the Kodaks are entertaining and connotative.